Sunday, March 13, 2005

I went and bought last week Star Wars RPG Knights of the Old Republic II:The Sith Lords even when I knew I shouldn´t have; I have an art history exam next Saturday and 7 books to read, but the lure of the dark side was too strong to resist, as the first Knights of the Old Republic is one of my favourite games. After playing the second game through the first time I can say that the second is too one of my favourites, even when it´s a deeply flawed game that´s in a need of a big update. It´s simply unfinished torso of a game and many of the subplots of the game are not resolved at the end. But after the rather lame beginning of KOTOR2, 2/3 of the game is truly an addictive experience. At worst I stayed awake 32 hours without sleep, playing it (and watching Championship League games from the TV). Big part in my liking of these games is the rich background that the Star Wars universe has; if these games would be situated in some scifi or fantasy world invented for just them, I probably wouldn´t be as enthusiastic about them.

No comments: