Saturday, September 25, 2004

The only good thing in autumn to me nowadays are the dark skies. Good for observing, before the snow comes. And usually there´s been during the time that I remember far more clear skies on autumn than in winter. Some winters during the last years have been quite bad. Clouds for months, and not a piece of a clear sky. Last winter wasn´t that bad, compared to many others it was good.

In the past, when I was younger, I quite enjoyed autumn. It had this melancholic beauty that I then liked. But now, years tend to go too fast and every autumn marks a one year more lived and one less to live. Gray, rainy days are just so depressing. But when I stand under a clear sky, seeing hundreds of stars above, then it´s nice that it´s autumn. Then everything else vanishes and even self recedes. I don´t feel that I am watching the universe, I feel that I am part of it. Like were are, but you need experiences like this to fully understand and feel the fact; feel the universe that spreads all around you, (likely) without an end.