Thursday, December 30, 2004

Susan Sontag´s death was announced yesterday. She died of cancer at the age of 71, after winning her first battle against cancer in the 1970s, when the doctors said that she would die. A news article of her death and an obituary from the British Guardian newspaper.

She was the kind of writer that I could stand even when her view of things was not the same as mine. As I have grown older and older, I have become less and less understanding of people whose views are not the same as mine. When I was younger, there was little that could make me angry. Nowadays I usually have no time for those views that I don´t agree with. Time´s running out, you know. And one day it stops for all of us. It stopped for Susan Sontag and it stopped for 130 000 victims of the South Asian catastrophe. And it will stop for me and you.

No comments: