Thursday, April 01, 2004

When I was in school, I had a Christian Zionist teacherm who one
day, pretty much out of the blue, started to preach propaganda for
Israel. The highlight was this: "And an angel appeared to the Israeli
helicopter pilots over the Sinai and said to them the words of God:
To you I give this land!"

This was not in 1967, by the way, nor 1973. It was in 1992. Ten
years after Israel had retreated from the last part of Sinai it had
occupied.

One of the reasons why I hate Christian Zionists is that I have met
several of them and they have all been ready for mental hospital.
Reality is totally alien country for them.

So, when I see them marching for Israel, carrying flags of Israel
and demanding ethnic cleansing in Palestine, I always hope that
someone would gun them down. It would be an act of mercy.


No comments: